vesa driver already for amd64!

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Wed Aug 19 20:58:20 UTC 2009

Am 19.08.2009 um 20:38 schrieb Dmitriy Demidov:

> Hello.
>
> I just want to make you know about one ongoing project of "porting"
> vesa
> driver from i386 into amd64 architecture. You can read more about
> it's status
> in English here: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=6291
> Or in Russian here: http://forum.lissyara.su/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19906

Cool stuff.  I've just tried in VMware, and the window size changes
very briefly, but then vidcontrol tells me:
vidcontrol: cannot activate raster display: Inappropriate ioctl for
device

(I tried with MODE_320 which is listed as 800x600x32.)

And I just realized that this is consistent with i386 (tried on 6.4/
i386), so no luck for :-/

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811