LOR wlan0 wi0

Robert traveling08 at cox.net
Sun Aug 16 17:53:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:55:07 -0500
Collin Kreklow <cjk at home.kreklow.us> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 01:41:01PM -0700, Robert wrote:
> >
> > The interface card is old. It shows to be a Netgear MA401. I have
> > ordered a newer model of the Netgear card. It is a WG511T which is
> > supposed to have an atheros chipset. I should receive this card in
> > about a week. I really do not know if any of this is relevant to my
> > problem.
> >

> FWIW, I've found the WG511T and it's PCI sibling WG311T to be some of
> the most stable wireless cards available under FreeBSD.  The ath
> driver is very capable with these cards.  I've recently had bad
> experiences with ipw, wpi, and ral based cards prompting me to pick
> up a few spare 311s for my AP "just in case."  I think you won't be
> disappointed.
>
> - Collin

Collin

Thanks for that tidbit. FWIW, I received two WG511T's (on Ebay for $12
US and free US shipping) in the mail this past Friday and they are both
working excellent in two separate laptops with WPA.

I'm sorry it took so long to respond but my ISP had locked out all of
my email accounts and it took 5 calls and 3 techs to reset the master
account so that I could reset the others.

All is well :-)

Robert