Going to BSD 8 from RELENG_7

perigran.falcon at gmail.com perigran.falcon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 18:27:55 UTC 2009

Doug Barton wrote:

> If you're interested in testing the new 8.0 version before it is

> released we would all be very glad to have you do that. :) The more

> testers we get before release the more certain we can be that there

> are no problems with it. I would like to make one suggestion though,

> if you could hold off until the 8.0-BETA3 is ready and test a clean

> install using the cd iso image that would be great! We never get

> enough people testing clean installations so this is something that is

> very valuable.

I downloaded the 8.0-BETA2-amd64-bootonly.iso and burned it last night.
After the installation, I immediately cvsuped and did a buildworld and
build kernel. Then, after reboot I did the installworld and I ran out of
room on my root partition.

The thing is, in the disklabel editor I chose Auto Defaults for all, giving
me a root partition of 500 megs. Maybe the Auto Defaults for all should
make the root partition larger than 500 megs.

-Mike