tools/kerneldoc

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Fri Aug 14 20:56:12 UTC 2009

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet.ch> (from Thu, 13 Aug
> 2009 21:13:51 +0200):
>
>> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>>> Quoting Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet.ch> (from Wed, 12 Aug
>>> 2009 22:56:16 +0200):

>>> [...]
>>> I have patches for the subsys part. A little bit more than only the
>>> .m  files fix:
>>>    http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current/patches/dox.diff
>> Thanks, I tried it and I was surprised how long such a build took.
>> Well, html and latex more than 5 hours on a p4 2.8GHz. And the
>> amount of data is also huge, nearly 2GB of data.
>
> Normally you need only one of them.

How do I say to only build one of them? Is it only possible via the
doxygen build options, there I have html and latex equal to true.
I guess I need to figure doxygen options, right?

a few minutes later....
Bah, here we are:
in common-Doxyfile:
GENERATE_LATEX         = NO

>> Could you enlight me with the meaning of the toplevel kerneldoc, is
>> this  kerneldoc package meant as a whole or is the benefit only in
>> the subsys part?
>
> When I was looking at creating the doxygen stuff, I noticed the
> kerneldoc part. For my taste it was too huge. Most people are
> interested in specific subsystems, not about everything (those who
> really need everything are the minority). For this reason I created
> the subsys part. Not every subsystem is available there, but if
> someone submits the files for a missing one, I will have a look at them.

For me the toplevel kerneldoc part does not work at all. But I did not
investigate more. I took the opportunity to try to understand the subsys
and I think I got it ;)

I tried to build some stuff which is not there yet and I think I got the
mechanics. I copied an existing Doxyfile to Doxyfile-dev_firewire and I
'received' what I wanted, well, I need to check the content.

Btw, on -CURRENT (RELENG_8/8_STABLE) doxygen is at version 1.5.9.

[tc:tools/kerneldoc/subsys] andreast% uname -r
8.0-BETA2
[tc:tools/kerneldoc/subsys] andreast% doxygen --version
1.5.9

Thank you Alexander for the insight!

Regards,
Andreas