tools/kerneldoc

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Wed Aug 12 20:56:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

does anybody care about this 'kerneldoc' package?

Robert's call for testers made me browse through this tools directory
and as a newbie I wanted to start with something easy.

But I horribly fail to build the docs.

%deuterium_fbsd# make
%make: don't know how to make device_if.m. Stop

I then dived into the subsys dir and started a 'make all'.

Here too, I failed since a few .m files are no more or they are placed
on a different place. Well, this was easy, more or less. Commenting them
made the build work, but this is only half the truth, what about the new
.m files?

I launched a 'find . -name "*.m" | sort | sed s_\./_MFILES+=_' in the
/usr/src/sys dir and adjusted the Makefile in subsys. Still building...
but it is building!

So, my simple question, is this kerneldoc something we want to have
maintained? Or is it an artifact from earlier times?

TIA,
Andreas