LOR wlan0 wi0

Robert traveling08 at cox.net
Sun Aug 9 18:28:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 10:04:20 -0700
Robert <traveling08 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 22:27:07 -0700
> Sam Leffler <sam at errno.com> wrote:
>
> > Robert wrote:

<clip>

> > I can confirm WEP is broken on wi in sta mode (and probably ap
> > mode).  I found at least two bugs but couldn't get it to work so am
> > going to leave it as an errata for 8.0.  But what's truly odd is
> > that WPA works fine despite a bug that should've caused it to not
> > work.  I knew WPA worked which is probably why I ignored WEP (noone
> > in their right mind  uses WEP when WPA is available :-)).
> >
> > 	Sam
> Sam
>
> I never claimed to be in my right mind. I haven't been myself since I
> quit smoking in 1986. :-)
>
> I tried WPA yesterday before answering the previous email. I kept
> getting and error stating: unable to start wpa_supplicant.
>
> I was thinking (always dangerous) that this old card maybe didn't have
> support for WPA. I'm probably wrong since I am not in my right mind. I
> was going to try again when the WG511T arrives. But now I will try
> again.
>
> Thanks again

Sam

Set up WPA again. The exact error is:

wpa_supplicant[1919]: Failed to initialize driver interface

I found this error message in wpa_supplicant.c at line 1772 as part of

"static int wpa_supplicant_init_iface2(struct wpa_supplicant *wpa_s)"

function.

I am just guessing but it seems this card is unable to use WPA. I will
wait for the delivery and try with that one.

Thanks for all of your help.

Robert