Unable to build HEAD

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 6 03:45:23 UTC 2009

Kevin Oberman wrote:

> OK. I cleaned out /usr/obj and saved /usr/src/sys/i386/conf.

I'm going to assume that you mean just your conf file there.

> While I
> will have to re-do my kernel config, I prefer to save my old one,

That's fine, just compare it to GENERIC to make sure that all of your
entries are valid, and that you're not missing anything important.

> But, as suggested by bf, I think that the WITHOUT_OPENSSH knob is
> broken which is a problem

Agreed. If you want to help debug this problem you could try building
with clean /usr/obj, up to date /usr/src, and ONLY the ssh knob in
src.conf. Then debug from there.

This (IMWO) is something that should be fixed before release.

> Guess I should have tried V8 a couple of months ago.

In the immortal words of Jiminy Cricket, let your conscience be your
guide. :)

Doug