zfs: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

Thomas Backman serenity at exscape.org
Tue Aug 4 20:11:44 UTC 2009

On Aug 4, 2009, at 21:51, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> I'm builing HEAD at the moment and hopefully will be
> able to reproduce it. Thanks for all the info.
Hey Pawel,
Sorry to bother (again!), but... If you're building HEAD, could you
please look in to the send -R / zfs recv segfault?
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-July/
010156.html for the patch by its creator, and I hosted it at http://exscape.org/temp/libzfs_sendrecv.new.patch
  since spacing (I guess) made the patch not work for me by copying/
pasting.

It's a simple patch, fixing a big bug (not being able to replicate
whole pools properly!), and it works great. For each day that passes,
it feels as if this, (and your equally important zfs_vnops work, which
is also pretty vital), won't make it into 8.0... Which is why I keep
either reminding or bugging people who both know this stuff and can
actually make it happen. ;)

Regards (and apologies),
Thomas