RFC: ATA to CAM integration patch

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sun Aug 2 16:56:46 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 05:35:28AM -0500 I heard the voice of
Matthew D. Fuller, and lo! it spake thus:
> On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 12:30:23PM +0200 I heard the voice of
> Gary Jennejohn, and lo! it spake thus:
> >
> > I saw this too. Reinstalling cdrecord (and all dependent ports)
> > fixed it.
>
> Oh, well, good thing I'm in the middle of doing that for the library
> version bumps anyway.  Excellent   :)

Well, on the plus side, after the rebuild -scanbus...   well, scanned
the bus.

On the minus, it also killed off all disk IO afterward.  An
in-progress portupgrade halted in its tracks, editing or tailing files
is dead, _exiting_ vi is toast.  The scanbus itself took a long time;
a minute or two.  xconsole is scrolling a bunch of Timeout on slot
<various>'s.  It's probably been 10 minutes since the scanbus returned
now (luckily, this ssh session was already up), and nothing's
progressed, so I guess I'll go push the BRS again.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net