Sysinstall - installing the docproj distribution

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Sun Aug 2 15:02:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 01:12:09PM +0100, Bruce Cran wrote:
> I downloaded an 8-CURRENT powerpc snapshot from
> http://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/powerpc/8.0-HEAD-20090731-JPSNAP/cdrom/
> yesterday and tried to install it. The installation of the English
> documentation set failed saying it couldn't find "packages/INDEX" on
> the CD. The doc directory does exist so it seems it should be possible
> to install it.  Is this a bug in sysinstall?

Your ISO comes without any packages?  I mean you cannot install any
packages during installation time with sysinstall?  If it's the case,
it's normal you got this error: docs are now provided via packages so if
packages/INDEXis not available it'll fail.

You can install docs after installation time with:

pkg_add -rv en-freebsd-doc

--
Marc