i give up

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Fri Nov 28 22:02:20 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:41:55PM -0600, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> It's been two-three months now since I bought this new machine, and I'm
> no closer to seeing any solution to the failure on FreeBSD's part to
> recognize and/or utilize my SATA controller.  I've been monitoring the
> lists and the CVS repo, even offering suggestions as to how I might help
> to resolve this issue, but no one seems to be interested in helping me
> to get this thing working.

According to PR 128686, Soren sent you some patches.  So I guess
Soren qualifies as "no one" because his attempt to help failed?

It also would seem that you had 2-3 months to read the Linux code
to identify any hacks necessary to make your unnamed SATA controller
work.

When buying hardware, yes, it is prudent to make sure it is compatible
with the software you intend to use.

--
Steve