HOWTO in wiki: adding custom dtrace probes in the kernel

Fri Nov 28 08:21:44 PST 2008

Quoting Ivan Voras <ivoras at freebsd.org> (from Fri, 28 Nov 2008
15:59:23 +0100):

> Can you document a bit more the construction of the probe:
>
>  SDT_PROBE_DEFINE(foobar, source_file1, foo, entry);
>  SDT_PROBE_ARGTYPE(foobar, source_file1, foo, entry, 0, "int");
>  SDT_PROBE_ARGTYPE(foobar, source_file1, foo, entry, 1, "const char *");
>  SDT_PROBE_DEFINE(foobar, source_file1, foo, return);
>  SDT_PROBE_ARGTYPE(foobar, source_file1, foo, return, 0, "int");
>
> What is the meaning of "source_file1" and "foo"?

In case you reloaded the wiki page and it does not contain a reference
to GEOM, reload it again. I added GEOM as an example how the module
name could be constructed.

BTW: Everyone is invited to improve the page.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Money may buy friendship but money cannot buy love.