zfs version 13 kernel and zfs version 6 userland tool?

Sun Nov 23 12:01:42 PST 2008

Hi,

I just half-updated a system to -current from today. This means I
booted todays kernel with the old world.

Is an old zfs userland tool supposed to work correctly with a recent
kernel? All I get is "internal error: out of memory" when I try a zfs
list (I noticed a problem as no zfs is mounted). I haven't read
anything like it shouldn't work on the mailinglist (as this is the
normal way of updating), so here are the loader.conf settings I use:
---snip---
vfs.zfs.prefetch_disable=1
vm.kmem_size="700M"
vm.kmem_size_max="700M"
vfs.zfs.arc_max="160M"
vfs.zfs.vdev.cache.size="5M"
---snip---

This i386 system has 768MB of memory.

Luckily /usr/src is not on ZFS, so I can install the new world if I
want to. But t be able to go back to the old kernel if necessary, I
prefer to not blindly update to the new world, except I get a message
which tells that it will fix my ZFS problem for sure.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Corrupt, adj.:
	In politics, holding an office of trust or profit.