Recent USB mouse regression

Alexey Shuvaev shuvaev at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Nov 7 18:53:22 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 04:24:22AM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> Building a kernel & userland just before USB2 from svn change 184609
> seems to have fixed this for now.  It seems that even when USB2 is not
> loaded it affects a bit the way ums(4) works.
>
> What is the best way of troubleshooting this?

I have seen reversed situation when even with usb2_input_ms kld loaded
I am finding ums + usb (old stack) in kldstat after the system goes multiuser.
I would check kldstat after each event (today klds are loaded automatically!)
and try operate in single user mode first.

Could it be that something (moused) is trying to load all klds matching
some symbols (provided interfaces)?

Just my $0.02,
Alexey.