RFC: PCI SD host controller driver & mmc/mmcsd modules improvements

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 6 07:45:17 PST 2008

Lars Engels wrote:
> 1. How can I tune the PCI configuration? With pciconf -w or so?

Yes. `pciconf -r -b device addr` to read and `pciconf -w -b device addr
value` to write.

> 2. Unfortunately the sysctl did not change a thing with regard to the
> Card reader.

Have you added it to the loader.conf and rebooted?

> 3. I added the chip ID and the second device is now recognized as a
> sdhci device but still does not see any card inserted:
>
> Nov  6 16:32:20 NB0117232 kernel: sdhci1: Hardware doesn't specify base
> clock frequency.
> Nov  6 16:32:20 NB0117232 kernel: sdhci1: Hardware doesn't specify
> timeout clock frequency.
> Nov  6 16:32:20 NB0117232 kernel: sdhci1: Hardware doesn't report any
> support voltages.

Looks like it is not enough compatible, or even not compatible.

--
Alexander Motin