problems configuring wireless using iwi

Khusro Jaleel kerneljack at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 02:22:13 PST 2008

Thanks for your reply, Stephen, just a few other questions:

Am I supposed to download the firmware from somewhere or not?

I tried going to /usr/ports/net/iwi-firmware/ and iwi-firmware-kmod
and running "make install" but both of them error out saying something
about "please run make rmconfig and remove CONTROL" but when I run
"make rmconfig" I get "No user-configurable ...." something like that.

I'm still not sure whether I need to get the firmware from somewhere
or not? I hope you can clarify this. My /boot/kernel has those
iwi_bss.ko etc files that I mentioned, but I'm not sure if those are
firmware or not? Should I get the firmware from somewhere and put it
in /boot/firmware instead?

I will try putting those lines /etc/rc.conf tonight and will see what happens.

Thanks again.