Clearing the direction flag before calling a signal handler

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sat Mar 15 10:50:07 PDT 2008

Hello,

I found an exchange concerning a difficult to debug problem that may be
affecting FreeBSD. I wasn't sure whether to post here or just file a bug, but
under the circumstances I opted for the former. Apologies if it is considered
noise.

I was reading the exchange here:

Referencing the following patch to Linux;

   http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/3/5/306

The exchange in the Debian bug tracker indicates kfreebsd 6/7 has the same
problem as Linux. Being a kernel issue, that indicates vanilla FreeBSD may
likely be affected.

I neither have the setup nor the knowledge to effectively evaluate this
myself, but felt that it was obscure/diagnostically difficult enough that i
wanted to bring it to somebody's attention.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org