MPSAFE TTY schedule

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Jul 20 18:34:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 14:32:56 +0200, Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Today is July 20, which means I'm supposed to send you a message:
>
> * Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
>> July 20 2008:
>> 	Send another heads-up to the lists about the new TTY layer.
>> 	Kindly ask people to test the patchset, port more drivers, etc.
>
> As usual, the latest mpsafetty patchset can be found here. I would
> really appreciate it if I could get more reviews on the code. Thanks!
>
> 	http://www.il.fontys.nl/~ed/projects/mpsafetty/patches/

Hi Ed,

I see the latest patch at:
http://www.il.fontys.nl/~ed/projects/mpsafetty/patches/mpsafetty-20080720.diff.gz

Kris has mentioned that it breaks tcsh's autodetection for ptys (we've
seen that before when /dev/pts kern.pts.enable=1 was added), so I'd like
to build a test kernel+world with the patch to check this.

Anything I should be careful about?