CFT: Texas Instruments ACX100/111 IEEE 802.11 driver.

Darron Broad darron at kewl.org
Sun Dec 28 23:40:10 UTC 2008

In message <1230419982.38943.29.camel at wombat.2hip.net>, Robert Noland wrote:

A good evening to you all.

>--=-mDQMD2nWJ2bRbmY1f1zf
>
>On Sat, 2008-12-27 at 20:44 +0100, Alexey Shuvaev wrote:
>ort
>,
>.
>> >=20
>> > acxtool does seem to set the ssid and channel, though it still doesn't
>> > seem to associate. Note that I am on -CURRENT.  ifconfig continues to
>> > complain that channel is undefined regardless of what it is set to.
>> >=20
>> > wombat% sudo acxtool acx0 -S "2HIP" -M managed -C 5
>> > Setting ssid to 2HIP
>> > Setting infrastructure ess/bss capability
>> > Setting channel to 5 =20
>> > wombat% ifconfig                                  =20
>> > acx0: flags=3D8803<UP,BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
>> >         ether 00:0f:66:c6:d7:f2
>> >         media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect
>> >         status: no carrier
>> > ifconfig: unable to get HT configuration information: Invalid argument
>> > ifconfig: unknown/undefined channel number 5 flags 0x0
>> >         ssid 2HIP%
>> >=20
>> > robert.
>> >=20
>> And what does 'sudo acxtool acx0' say after you have tried to configure
>> interface with acxtool with parameters? Anyway, seems it does not
>> play good with CURRENT :(
>
>wombat% sudo acxtool acx0
>
>        Hardware Type:       TNETW1130 (acx111)
>        Firmware Rev:        1.2.1.34
>        Mac Address:         00:0f:66:c6:d7:f2
>        BSS Address:         00:00:00:00:00:00
>
>        Mode:                Managed BSS/ESS (Infrastructure client)
>        SSID:                2HIP
>        Channel:             1 =20
>
>It appears reasonable, but doesn't ever associate.
>
>robert.
>
>> Alexey.

The driver you are referring to has had little attention
in these past few years and no doubt suffers bit-rot as
much has changed in the underlying API for which it was
originally written.

The last known version of FBSD which was a working for
me (using acxtool and not ifconfig) is 7.0-REL?

I will endeavour to find some time to investigate any
new issues with -CURRENT at some point after the new year
but in the meantime I encourage you to investigate the
debugging options available which can be set with acxtool
and also inspect the interaction with your AP via
tcpdump. If you discover the fault, then any solutions
as patches are very welcome.

Good luck

darron.

--