Shooting sysinstall/SADE geometry warning in the head

Rink Springer rink at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 26 20:44:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:39:54PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> The problem is this patch keeps the message and extra steps to get into
> the Fdisk editor.  No other OS I've tried would warn/note/complain about
> these disks in this machine.  So why keep the message for FreeBSD?  It
> just makes FreeBSD look like its finicky about disks (and maybe suggest
> less compatible than other OS's?).

I agree; FreeBSD is the only OS that complains about this, and ignoring
the warnings has always worked perfectly well for me. Thus, let's just
nuke the message and get it over with.

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Chance favours the prepared mind"