cant break into ddb

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Sat Dec 20 08:47:16 UTC 2008

hi

I just tried to break into ddb and it does not work. it seems
like "something" happened when I pressed the magic buttons
but nothing shows on the console nor it seems to respond
to keyboard commands.

the relevant part of my config if that matters:

options         KDB
options         DDB                     #Enable the kernel debugger
options         DDB_CTF

strange thing is that when I presed reset (the hw button) it did
not reset itself, it did something but the lcd stayed off and
it did not react to anything, I had to physically plug the pc
off the power grid.

can someone confirm that manually breaking into ddb works in -current?

roman