em0 disappeared

Gavin Atkinson gavin at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 18 18:18:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 20:34 +0100, Uwe Grohnwaldt wrote:
> howdy,
>
> miwi and me tried to update a freebsd-current server to the todays src.
> after the update my em0-device disappeared. information about the old image:

Two things:  Is it possible for you to provide the output of "pciconf
-lcv" both under 7.x and 8.x?  The copy you included in your email was
corrupt and missing a few vital lines.

Secondly, can you provide a verbose dmesg from 8.x, and a normal or
verbose dmesg for 7.x?

For whatever reason, we're not even finding the device on the PCI bus.
This may be because we don't fiind the bridge, or similar, but without
the dmesg and.or an uncorrupt pciconf output it'll be hard to figure
out.

Gavin