gpart (Re: svn commit: r186240 - in head/sys: amd64/conf arm/conf i386/conf mips/conf pc98/conf sparc64/conf sun4v/conf)

Takahashi Yoshihiro nyan at jp.FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 18 10:41:44 UTC 2008

In article <200812171743.mBHHhMd3010561 at svn.freebsd.org>
Marcel Moolenaar <marcel at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Log:
>   Make gpart the default partitioning class on all platforms.
>   Both ia64 and powerpc were using gpart exclusively already
>   so there's no change for those two.

It still remains some problems that I reported months ago.

> 1. A disklabel checking in g_part_bsd_read() is failed.
> 2. g_part_pc98_dumpconf() does not print a slice name.
> 3. g_part_pc98_probe() is too strict.
> 4. It's failed to recognize a big SCSI disk as BSD slice.
> 5. A (bit strange) FAT slice is recoginized as BSD slice.

(1) and (2) are fixed, but (3), (4) and (5) are not.
BTW, I think that (5) is not pc98 specific problem.

---
TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro <nyan at jp.FreeBSD.org>