SATA CD fail.

Olivier SMEDTS olivier at gid0.org
Thu Dec 11 19:43:13 UTC 2008

2008/12/11 pluknet <pluknet at gmail.com>:
> 2008/12/5 pluknet <pluknet at gmail.com>:
>> 2008/12/5 Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble at gmail.com>:
>>> I've got an HP DL-360 1U here that has a slim SATA CDROM.  I've (so far)
>>> tried booting FreeBSD-7.0-RELEASE and FreeBSD-7.1-BETA2.  I've tried both
>>> rewritable media (my first choice) and write-once media.  The kernel loads
>>> fine, but multiuser fails with "acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying" ...
>>> twice, followed by "timed out".

I've got the same issue with my SATA DVD-RW drive when trying tu burn a media.
I can "burncd blank" but I have the same errors than you when trying
to "burncd data image.iso fixate".
I don't remember if I had problems installing 7.0-RELEASE with a
CD-ROM on my computer 6 months ago.
I use latest -CURRENT on amd64.