Timeda 8-multiport adapter: only 2 ports available

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Thu Dec 11 08:50:27 UTC 2008

Marcel, Boris, good day.

Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 05:00:24PM -0800, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> > Seems that just the same card should work:
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-May/042505.html
> >
> > I've added some diagnistic. But 'rid' is not what you want, I guess:
>
> The RID is fine. It should always be 0.

Seems like a dumb question, but nevertheless.

What I don't understand is the following: BAR to port mapping for
the Timedia is tricky, it mixes BARs and offsets for the different
ports (you should know this, since you wrote the support ;)).

But in uart_bus_probe you're passing rid = 0 and it is used for resource
allocation and consequently the same rid is used for all ports (at least
I read the code in this way).  But puc_get_bar() uses calculated rid
values, but does essentially the same thing: resource allocation via
bus_alloc_resource().  And sc->sc_bas is initialized from the obtained
sc->sc_rres (inside uart_bus_probe) and it is subsequently used for
ns8250_probe() that is failing.

I see that uart_bus_pci.c calls uart_bus_probe() with the actual rid.
It does not mean that puc code should do the same, but ...

Boris, could you please add the line
-----
printf("%s: BAS, handle is 0x%lx, tag is 0x%x\n", __func__,
    (unsigned long)bas->bsh, (unsigned int)bas->bst);
-----
to the beginning of ns8250_probe() and show the results.

Thanks!
--
Eygene