HEADS UP: r185435 multi-IPv4/v6/no-IP jails in HEAD

Mon Dec 1 03:29:47 PST 2008

Quoting "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> (from Mon, 1
Dec 2008 09:41:46 +0000 (UTC)):

> Hi,
>
> as you may have already noticed multi-IPv4/v6/no-IP jails have hit
> HEAD. See commit message attached.

Will this introduce changes how multicast is handled in jails, or is
it the same behavior as before (whatever the previous behavior was).

> Additionally you can give a jail a name now using the -n option:
>   jail -n "bz's private noip jail" / noip.example.net "" /bin/sh
> You may not want to use special characters or whitespace but it is
> just a string, so you can. There are no restrictions and even 10 jails
> could have the same name. The jail (inside) cannot change the name.
> It's set upon jail creation and unchangeable from then on.

Is this private name visible inside the jail (I don't need this
feature, so I don't care, but people should know so that they don't
put offensive stuff there in case it is visible inside)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Since we cannot hope for order, let us withdraw with style from the chaos.
		-- Tom Stoppard