alexanderchuranov at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 10:13:17 UTC 2008
I'm posting to this list, because I didn't find anything more appropriate
and the only answer I've received on "freebsd-i18n at freebsd.org" was a
suggestion to post to "freebsd-current".
I am interested in FreeBSD internationalization and unicode support. I
already spent some time examining the source of syscons. I think that
syscons is the main problem in bringing full UTF-8 support to FreeBSD out of
box. It seems that I am ready with the solution. That's why I am writing to
I have following questions:
0) Is moving to UTF-8 from 8-bit codepages desired for FreeBSD?
1) Is unicode support in character-mode (I mean plain tty, not Xorg) FreeBSD
human interface alreay implemented?
2) Is somebody working on that?
3) What is the correct branch to check out source code? From what
4) What is the process of submitting changes?
More information about the freebsd-current