SATA DVD-Drive

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Sun Sep 23 13:00:39 PDT 2007

Hello,

I was wondering if there's a chance to get a SATA DVD drive working.
I have a ich9 controller in AHCI mode and a JMB363 with no fixed mode, but my
drive doesn't get recognized on the ich9 controller in AHCI nor on the
JMB363, neither in AHCI nor in IDE/RAID mode.
Instead I have a very strange issue when the drive is connected to the JBM363:
Xorg stops working with the nvidia driver, it can't find a card anymore...
Very strange, as soon as I unplug the drive xorg works fine again.
But that's another matter.

Thanks for any hints,

-Harry