7.0-BETA1 Available, 6.3-BETA1 coming soon...

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Wed Oct 24 11:57:48 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 07:15:56PM +0200, Bernd Walter wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 07:59:08PM +1000, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>> However some weeks ago I reported a problem where the Australian
>> mirror was returning incorrect files, so I don't really trust the
>> mirroring system at the moment.
>It seems that this is a local problem with australian FreeBSD group
>not keeping that much care about their local mirrors.

Note that there is no 'Australian FreeBSD group'.  I suspect the Oz
CVSup mirrors are being maintained by individuals associated with the
organisations hosting the servers.  cvsup.au.freebsd.org does appear
to be serving broken data.  Possibly cvsup2.au.freebsd.org does a
better job (if not, it should be possible to identify the maintainer
of the latter mirror via his maintainership of dns/dnscheck and several
other ports).

>We have had some major failures and non reachable admins in germany as
>well, but after some resonable timeout the domain admins just took
>the required steps to take them out of public access.

Unfortunately, the au.freebsd.org admins are very difficult to contact -
it recently took several months of attempts via several different
channels to get another sub-domain updated.

--
Peter