[ANN] 8-CURRENT, RELENG_7 and RELENG_6 have gotten latest unionfs improvements

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Tue Oct 23 17:54:51 PDT 2007

* Daichi GOTO (daichi at freebsd.org) wrote:

> It is my pleasure and honor to announce the commitment of
> latest unionfs improvements for 8-current, RELENG_7 and
> RELENG_6. Now you can get more stable operation using
> unionfs on latest 8/7/6.
>
> This latest improvements give finstall and FreeSBIE works
> more well as well as other unionfs works good. If you have
> interesting in it, would you try it please.

Thanks a lot all your guys for your work!

Btw, I was wondering: is unionfs related in any way with -ounion
option of mount_*? I was told long time ago that -ounion is even
more broken than unionfs. Though, those two features seem to do very
similar thing and I think that -ounion option is pretty useful.

Dmitry A. Marakasov    | jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru       | http://www.amdmi3.ru