small purposal for change in installworld

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:05:04 PDT 2007

On 10/3/07, Joao Pedras <jpedras at webvolution.net> wrote:

> in that case, maybe a fitting location would be /etc/default/cvsup or
> /etc/default/supfiles. No change needed in mergemaster, just the file
> locations.
>
> Where this may lead to, is that a lot of stuff from /usr/share/examples
> will/would (arguably!) belong in /etc...

/etc/config/... ???  that way people will know what is system config
stuff and what is not... also I think it might make sense to set aside
space in /usr/local/etc for stuff like kernel configs (namely any
kernel config found there automatically supersedes GENERIC on make
buildkernel with no kernel specified)