[Regression] snd_emu10k1 doesn't work after GCC 4.2 upgrade

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 20 07:57:41 UTC 2007

On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:28:11 +0200
Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This afternoon I reinstalled a new kernel and world, which has GCC
> 4.2. For some reason, my SoundBlaster Live! card doesn't work
> properly anymore. It seems at least the sample rate doesn't get set
> properly, because playback time is slower than wall clock time.
>
> My previous kernel was from May 14, but it seems there haven't been
> any commits in the audio layer in the mean time that could cause
> these problems. What would be a good way to see what's wrong?

Any error messages? How about with snd_emu10kx instead of
snd_emu10k1 ?

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........