DDB scripting, output capture, and textdumps

Nikolay Pavlov qpadla at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 18:33:10 PST 2007

On Thursday 20 December 2007 15:42:21 Robert Watson wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Nikolay Pavlov wrote:
> > It looks like some files is not included in the patch. I have this
> > error:
>
> Unfortunately, p4 doesn't include a -N argument to its diff2 command, so
> I attached the new files directly in the tarball (including the kernel
> ones). Could you check and see if they are there?  If you untar the
> tarball in your top-level src directory, it should extract one man page
> into share/man/man4, a few files into src/sbin/ddb (note: I have not
> updated the sbin Makefile so you'll need to build it by hand), three
> files into src/sys/ddb, and then a patch which you apply.

Thanks. I've figure this out, but still see some problems. I've created a
panic during the manual kernel debuging session and after reboot found a
textdump file in a /var/crash directory, but unexpectedly i can not untar
it:

root at orion-vm:/var/crash# bsdtar -xf textdump.tar.0
bsdtar: Unrecognized archive format: Inappropriate file type or format
bsdtar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
root at orion-vm:/var/crash# file textdump.tar.0
textdump.tar.0: data
root at orion-vm:/var/crash# ls -la textdump.tar.0
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  35483648 Dec 21 02:17 textdump.tar.0

- Best regards, Nikolay Pavlov. <<<-----------------------------------