libpthread shared library version number

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 2 17:27:38 UTC 2006

Daniel Eischen wrote:
> No, in -current we force people to recompile everything.  Plus
> we have symbol versioning in the libraries most likely to be
> effected.  If we bump, we should enable symbol versioning at
> the same time.

I don't see any reason to wait. Remember, we don't support
backward/forward binary compatibility for binaries compiled for -CURRENT
anyway. The only reason for this bump is to allow binaries compiled for
-STABLE to run on -CURRENT, which is not currently possible in the case
when binary uses pthreads lib.

-Maxim