malloc options incompatibility between phkmalloc and jemalloc

SANETO Takanori sanewo at ba2.so-net.ne.jp
Sun Mar 12 09:16:51 UTC 2006

I don't think this is serious problem, but it's annoying.

When I put 'k' in /etc/malloc.conf, some commands (cvsup and
vmware-checkvm) show warning about unknown character. These commands
seem to have phkmalloc implementation linked statically.

On the other hand, when I put '>' in /etc/malloc.conf, many commands
will show warnings.

For second case, isn't it reasonable for jemalloc to just ignore
phkmalloc specific characters?
For first case, how about introducing new option source (i.e.
/etc/jemalloc.conf, JEMALLOC_OPTIONS or something like that)?

What do you think?
--
SANETO Takanori <sanewo at ba2.so-net.ne.jp>