[sam@fqdn.net: bce0 watchdog timeout errors]

Sam Eaton sam at fqdn.net
Tue Aug 29 17:43:39 UTC 2006

I see looking through the archives that Julian Elischer has reported
something *vaguely* similar to my problems described in the attached
message to this list, so I thought I'd join in.

Julian reports a problem when the bce interface is disconnected and then
reconnected under load, and never comes back until all load is removed,
while reporting watchdog timeout errors.

I see something rather like this (details in the attached message
(hopefully the attachment will survive :))), but without physically
disconnecting the cable.

I am wondering if I'm actually seeing the same problem, but that rather
than the cable being unplugged, it's something like the interface
resetting on our (old, 100Mb/s) switch resetting and triggering this.

Thought it was worth offering another data point.  I'm running the most
recent version of the bce driver with the changes to fix the 'mbuf'
errors.

Thanks,

Sam.
--
"Fortified with Essential Bitterness and Sarcasm"
    Matt Groening, "Binky's Guide to Love".