Samba problem

Werner Griessl werner at btr0x22.rz.uni-bayreuth.de
Tue Aug 15 11:06:44 UTC 2006

Werner Griessl wrote:
> Carlos Silva wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have installed freebsd 6.1-RELEASE on my machine and now samba dont
>> work, because of a timeout.
>> I've tried the two versions of the samba ports and none of them work
>> properly.
>> Do you have any idea?
>>
>> Ouput:
>>
>> osiris# mount -t smbfs //porta1/tmpdown /tmpdir
>> Password:
>>
>> mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Operation timed out
>>
>> Otherwise, this is not an password error.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Carlos Silva, CSilva
>> Web: http://www.csilva.org/

> Try
> strict locking = no
> in the global section of your smb.conf
>
> Werner

Sorry, that was the wrong direction.
My solution was:

Add these lines to your kernel-config

#
options         SMBFS                   #SMB/CIFS filesystem
#
# SMB/CIFS requester
# NETSMB enables support for SMB protocol, it requires LIBMCHAIN and
# LIBICONF options.
# NETSMBCRYPTO enables support for encrypted passwords.
options         NETSMB                  #SMB/CIFS requester
options         NETSMBCRYPTO            #encrypted password support for SMB
#
options         LIBMCHAIN
options         LIBICONV
#