Dell PowerEdge 850 bge(4) RELENG_6 (WAS: Re: bge(4) problem)

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Aug 10 20:04:56 UTC 2006

I will experiment with it tomorrow.

Meanwhile it should be pointed out that the new Dell 9th generation
PE{1,2}950 uses the 5708 integrated dual port.

However the Addon-NIC option is still the dual port 5721.

~BAS

> We've got a major merge from HEAD to RELENG_6 recently in bge(4) driver.
> Before that in HEAD I've merged several patches from OpenBSD, which in
> their turn were obtain from Linux (broadcom supplied) driver.
>
>  Can you upgrade to fresh RELENG_6 and tell whether your problems
>  persist
>  after or not.
>
> Also, we've got a new committer, who works in Broadcom. He hasn't yet
> put his attention on bge(4), but he answers questions quite fast and
> can give us a piece of advice.
>
> --
> Totus tuus, Glebius.
> GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)

"...back in the heady days when "Helpdesk" meant nothing, "diskquota"
meant everything, and lives could be bought and sold for a couple of pages
of laser printout - And frequently were."