DTRACE build failure (/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread)

Kip Macy kmacy at fsmware.com
Wed Aug 2 22:35:57 UTC 2006

> That sounds more like a bug with gdb/libthread_db.  It also doesn't
> sound like a major bug either, like "signals are broken with KSE"
> makes it sound.

Uhhhmmm no it doesn't. And even if it did, it wouldn't explain why
threaded processes become unkillable. In any event removing KSE makes
the problem go away.

I guess I'll just continue advocating for the removal of KSE after
libthr has proven itself. I've been pretty happy with nokse+libthr on
my desktop running the dtrace branch, so I think we're getting there.

                                -Kip