ath client bridge

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Wed Oct 19 02:31:47 PDT 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:01:30 +0200
Jiri Mikulas <konfer at mikulas.com> wrote:

: Hello
: I have problem to setup bridging box with ath in client mode and
if_bridge : When card is in AP mode, everything is ok, but if I want to
run card in : client mode, bridging is not working.
: Here are my testing steps: (it's quite long, so I prefer put URL
there :) ) :
: http://guli.praha12.net/bridge-test.log
:
: It seems to be ath related problem, or am I doing something wrong ?
:
: My second question is why chipset 5213 is detected as 5212  (ath0:
: <Atheros 5212>)?
:
: Thaks for help and reply
: Jiri

Try adhoc with if_bridge, that should work.
I dont think you can do what you want without WDS extensions being
present in the ath driver.

Marcin.