Installing quagga on FreeBSD

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Oct 16 22:50:14 PDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Nik wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Actually I am new in quagga and I alredy tried to find any of documentation
> of installing quagga on freebsd but never find it. Could at least someone
> that can lead me the right way to make it function.
>
> I've succesfully install quagga on two freebsd box that one will act as core
> router and the other one as a distribution router.FYI, core having 2 NIC's
> which is one is lead to gateway and one is connect to distribution router.
> Distribution have 5 NIC's. I've enable ip forwarding in sysctl.conf, enable
> gateway in rc.conf and the result is I can ping to all interfaces from
> distribution to core and from core to distribution.
>
> The problem is core can ping outside (internet) but distribution can't ping
> to the outside, it's only can ping to core's NIC only.I have stuck with this
> problem for 3 days and really hope that someone can help me out.

Do you have sth like that in /etc/rc.conf?

gateway_enable="YES"             # Set to YES if this host will be a gateway.

In case you are also doing v6 you might also need this:

ipv6_gateway_enable="YES"        # Set to YES if this host will be a gateway.

PS: I don't think current@ is the best list for this questions@ or
net@ might be better?