Loss of ed(4) in a RC1 booted in qemu

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Oct 13 12:59:56 PDT 2005

In message: <200510131859.03307.thierry at herbelot.com>
            Thierry Herbelot <thierry at herbelot.com> writes:
: Le Thursday 13 October 2005 18:39, M. Warner Losh a écrit :
: > In message: <055201c5d012$2c8ca250$1700a8c0 at failure>
: >
: >             "Joshua Coombs" <jcoombs at gwi.net> writes:
: > : Interesting.  I wonder if this MFC means my 8019 will support full
: > : duplex under FreeBSD?  The NetBSD 'ne' driver has access to software
: > : based media selection, it'd be nice to have access to an ISA nic that
: > : handled full-duplex properly.
: >
: > That's the idea.
: >
: > Warner
:
: Hello,
:
: Just FYI, I've just checked that I have the full complement of boards (ISA ne2
: at isa0 port 0x280/32 irq 9 under Open, PCI under ??? and PCMCIA running
: flawlessly under both FreeBSD current and post 6.0-RC1)
:
: I planned to convert the old OpenBSD machine (with the ISA board) to at least
: dual-boot with FreeBSD-6.0, but as I use qemu to prepare the partition image,
: I'm a bit stuck for now.
:
: Is there an iso image for a recent -current ? I had a look at the former
: japanese snapshot site, but it seems to only follow 5.4-Stable.

I'll be fixing this in the next day or three and it will be MFC'd from
head into RC2 when that happens.  I'm not sure where the snapshots
are, but there's a patch floating around to get around the qemu issue
just posted if you can't wait.  I plan on trying it now with RC1.  I
also plan on looking into the ne2000.c emulation to see why things are
failing (eg, is it a flaw in the RTL8029 emulation, or a flaw in if_ed
somewhere).

Warner