panic: ifc_free_unit: bit is already cleared

Andrew Thompson thompsa at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 11 16:40:20 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 03:07:49PM -0700, Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:06:02AM +1300, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> > > >

> > > I don't see any reason why you can't just replace the specific destroy
> > > calls with calls to ifc_simple_destroy().  That would avoid expanding
> > > the API.
> >
> > I have updated the patch and yes, its a nicer way to do it. Please
> > review.
> >
> > Ive run through interations of create/kldunload with bridge, disc,
> > faith, gif, gre and ppp with extra printf's and its freeing correctly.
>
> This looks good to me, thanks for working on this and doing the
> <ifn>_destory removals.  Let's see about getting this committed.

There was one problem where pflog0 would loop on EINVAL since it was a
precloned device, livelocking the system.

This addition fixes it, it was either this or a dying flag.

 void
 if_clone_detach(struct if_clone *ifc)
 {
+       struct ifc_simple_data *ifcs = ifc->ifc_data;

        IF_CLONERS_LOCK();
        LIST_REMOVE(ifc, ifc_list);
        if_cloners_count--;
        IF_CLONERS_UNLOCK();