GNOME: Docklets not working

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 11 06:20:44 PDT 2005

Roger Grosswiler píše v út 11. 10. 2005 v 14:59 +0200:
> Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> > Roger Grosswiler píše v út 11. 10. 2005 v 14:15 +0200:
> >
> >>Hey,
> >>
> >>Have 6.0/B5 up and running. But running apps such as gaim, psi or
> >>others, that use docklets under gnome do not work.
> >>
> >>if i "close" the app, this terminates instead of minimizes the application.
> >>
> >>Is there something special to follow?
> >

> > What do you mean by "docklet"? That's nonexistant term.
> >
> > How is this related to running -CURRENT?
> >
> Definition of a Docklet: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/panel/r1373.html
>
> Related tu running -CURRENT: state working in Linux (has not been tested
> in FreeBSD 5.4)

So, those are the icons that appear in Notification Area Applet?
They work quite fine here. Make sure you have "Panel icon" plugin
enabled in Gaim.

(The names can be a bit off - I'm translating from czech translation
back to english)

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Quantum physics was developed in the 1930's, as a result of a bet between
Albert Einstein and Niels Bohr, to see who could come up with the most
ridiculous theory and still have it published.