Broadcom BCM5751 not attaching on IBM ThinkCentre A51

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 23:04:06 PDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 07:14:21PM +0100, Gavin Atkinson wrote:
 > On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, John Nielsen wrote:
 > >On Friday 07 October 2005 12:58, Gavin Atkinson wrote:
 > >>Can you post the output of pciconf -l please?
 > >
 > >Attached, along with dmesg output and kernel config file (basically a
 > >stripped-down GENERIC).
 >
 > Can you try applying the attached patch, and the patch in
 > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/79139 and if the latter
 > patch makes no difference, show the output of the extra line?
 >
 > You could also try http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge.patch.0908 - but
 > I don't believe it will help in this case. (it's actually to fix endian
 > issues on other platforms, but it does change the way the driver talks to
 > the chip subtly)

I don't think the above patch would help here too.
The patch will fix endian issues and add a lock to protect jumbo
frame handling. Stock bge(4) had no locking for jumbo frame handling
such that the use of jumbo frame always paniced entire system.
It also try to fix unloading issues observed on sparc64.
I'm still waiting for report on ia64.

BTW, the lastest patch for HEAD is available at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/bge.patch.1010

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon