Dumping broken on twe

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Sat Oct 1 10:01:17 PDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 01:53:26PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > > Dumps on twe seem to be broken.  vinod, have you made any
> > > progress on this since last we spoke?
> > >

> > Like I told you earlier, I tried reproducing the problem both on 7
> > -CURRENT,
> > and RELENG_6, but couldn't.  Dumping on twe seems to work just fine.
>
> And what of those of us for whom dumping does not, in fact, work fine?

Vinod,

So, are you just going to put your fingers in your ears and ignore my
bug report?  I am still unable to dump on twe:

db> call doadump
Dumping 2047 MB (2 chunks)
  chunk 0: 1MB (154 pages) ... ok
  chunk 1: 2047MB (523968 pages) ... fail

** DUMP FAILED (ERROR 1) **
= 0x1d

As Peter explained to you previously, there is at least one bug in the
driver that prevents it from reporting a sensible error, so the least
you could do would be to fix that so that I can tell you the real
error the next time my machine panics and fails to dump.

Kris