Pipe config bw...

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Nov 14 14:02:43 PST 2005

[ Crossposting bcc'd; followup to -net ]

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 08:18:46PM +0000 I heard the voice of
Carlos Silva aka |Danger_Man|, and lo! it spake thus:

> I've set "ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to any 80;ipfw pipe 1 config
> bw 2Kbyte/s" but ipfw don't limit the bw of the port 80.

Yes, it does, just now how you probably want.  It limits the bandwidth
of all packets _DESTINED_ to port 80.  Packets _FROM_ port 80 don't
hit that rule, therefore don't go through the pipe.  Limiting traffic
TO port 80 to 2kB/s probably isn't all that useful unless people are
posting some really big forms   8-}

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net