kernel.old not used any longer?

Steve Ames steve at virtual-voodoo.com
Mon May 23 08:02:30 PDT 2005

Where you attempting to install the kernel into the same directory as the
running kernel? That seems to be the condition to match. Previously if
DESTDIR was set to / then it wouldn't do a kernel.old properly because the
directory of the running kernel wouldn't match. ru@ fixed that. If DESTDIR
is set to something other than / I wouldn't expect kernel.old to be created.