ULE, 4BSD and xorg

Nguyen Tam Chinh chinhngt at sectorb.msk.ru
Wed May 11 22:20:11 PDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Jiawei Ye wrote:

> On 5/12/05, Jiawei Ye <leafy7382 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5/12/05, Jonathan Noack <noackjr at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
>>> Have you tried the xorg-server-snap and dri-devel ports?  The DRM code
>>> was updated recently and could be to blame, although testing it with
>>> newer code would be an interesting data point.
>> I will try this later.
> I just tried your suggestions, and no difference. It still reboots
> right away. I suspect the problem isn't in X but in the kernel part.

As Kris said, the ULE is mostly broken. I'll do no more experiment with it
until people find enough time to analyse and commit fixes. The fact that
ULE causes random reboots and panics tells that we should wait :)

-----
With best regards,          |            The Power to Serve
Nguyen Tam Chinh            |          http://www.FreeBSD.org
Loc: sp.cs.msu.su           |