6.0-current panic: loading radeon module

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Jun 26 18:56:40 GMT 2005

In message: <1119809673.3817.3.camel at leguin>
            Eric Anholt <eta at lclark.edu> writes:
: On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 19:59 -0400, Martin Cracauer wrote:
: > > I'd forgotten about this thread.  I've got a proposed fix for this at:
: > > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/80718
: >
: > I get the same panic and backtrace with that patch (on a 32 MB moobile
: > Radeon 7500).
: >
: > I will annotate the sourcecode now to verify (or not) the NULLs in the
: > arguments for the bus argument.
:
: Thanks for showing that that patch didn't work.  I should have
: remembered why it wouldn't.  The next step would be to try a workaround:
: Comment out the two calls to drm_initmap() in radeon_cp.c.
:
: We really need a nice call to grab the start/offset of a pci resource
: given the rid.  We can avoid it now, but we might not be able to given
: where the DRM is headed.

rman_get_start() doesn't do the trick?  Or do you need to know what it
is before the bus_alloc_resource?  If so, you can call
bus_get_resource().  What is it that you need to know?

Maybe I should look at the drm code :-)

Warner